As your artwork will be judged on the photo you provide, a quality photograph will help your entry.
Follow these guidelines and help us to see and judge your amazing creation.
- Pay close attention to the surroundings, what is behind / beside your artwork.
- A clear background works best
- Make sure your photograph is square on to the artwork.
- Don’t use a flash
- Try to photograph in bright but indirect sunlight.
- Avoid camera shake or anything else that could cause blurring (a tripod is helpful here)
- In your image editing software:
- Crop the image to better frame your work
- Balance the colour to match your artwork as closely as possible
- Please do not watermark your photos. If you have concerns, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to talk through them.
- These artworks are being displayed on the website after entries close. Please keep in mind that a big file size is a slow loading file size. With that in mind:
- Please keep uploaded images to less than 5mb and
- an image width of no more than 2500 pixels
- Lastly, if in doubt, don’t be afraid to take the photo, email us and ask.